Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- 1) Please ensure that your manuscript follows a structure such as introduction, literature review, methodology, findings and conclusion. You are welcome to replace these generic headings with section headings that reflect the unfolding argument in your manuscript.
- 2) Two electronic word or RTF versions (do not provide PDF or HTML formatted versions) of the manuscript must be submitted. The first electronic word document of your manuscript must remove all author(s) identifying information to preserve anonymity (please include the title of your paper, abstract and keywords). If you are unsure how to remove your identifying information, please google "how to remove identifying information from a Word document". The second version of your manuscript includes the author(s) identity and is marked "not for review" in the file name. Please provide the word count of the manuscript in the "not for review" file.
- 3) We also require an electronic word document that includes the title of your manuscript, the abstract (100-150 words), the keywords (5-6), acknowledgements, and the author(s) brief (no more than 50 words) autobiographical note including name and affiliation. Please ensure that you include the email addresses all of the authors and their short bios with your submission.
4) Author to provide two or three suitable reviewers to be considered by the Journal Editors. Please include the suggested reviewers in the 'Comments for the Editors' section or in your 'not for review' file when submitting your manuscript.
Please note that Reviewers are crucial to the success of this journal. The Editors may email you asking you to review submitted manuscripts based on your area of expertise.
- 5) Photographs and other visual materials should be high-contrast black and white glossy print. Permission to reproduce them must be obtained by the author(s) and acknowledgements made in the article.
- 6) Include a statement in the 'Comments for the Editors' or in the 'not for review file' that your manuscript has not been published previously. You must also inform the Editors that your manuscript has not and will not be sent for consideration by another journal once it has been submitted to the International Journal of Critical Indigenous Studies.
7) Please ensure that your submission does not exceed the word limit, has been proof-read, edited and is ready for publication.
The Editorial team will not be providing a comprehensive content edit and therefore, submissions not meeting the professional standard of a scholarly article will be returned to the author(s). Manuscripts exceeding the word limit may also be returned to the author(s).
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.